Home > School > Student Information > Admission
For admission in January 2022
Students who have attempted the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) and are assessed not suitable to progress to Secondary School education or to re-attempt the PSLE.
Click HERE for information on admission.
For students who have attempted PSLE once, twice or thrice
- After receiving your child/ward’s PSLE results, you can submit the application through your child/ward’s Primary School or directly to NorthLight School by 1 December 2021.
For students who attempted and failed PSLE once, applications must be recommended by the Primary School Principal. Use Annex attached with the application form in the invitation package obtained from your child/ward’s primary school.
For students who attempted and failed PSLE twice or thrice, submission of application will be supported by student information completed by the Primary School Principal. Use Annex attached with the application form in the invitation package obtained from your child/ward’s primary school.
- Parent/Guardian will be notified on the outcome of application via letter of offer by 9 December 2021.
- Priority for admission will be given to students who have attempted their PSLE thrice, twice or once in 2021.
- The age requirements for the levels the students seeking admission to NorthLight School are as follows:
|Level Seeking Admission To||
Permissible Age (as at 1st January of Year
13 to 15
14 to 16
|Year 3||15 to 17|
|Year 4||16 to 18|
Successful applicants are required to bring along the following documents, which can be found in the invitation package obtained from their primary schools, when they report for registration at NorthLight School. To keep the school community and visitors safe and healthy during the Covid-19 situation, students should only be accompanied by at most one parent/guardian.
- Letter of Offer;
- Completed Student Bio-data & Medical Record forms;
- Completed consent forms for Dental treatment, EQUAL / PDLP programmes and release information;
- a. Completed Financial Assistance (FAS) Application form* with supporting documents or
b. 2022 MOE FAS approval notification letter with completed FAS application form, if applicable;
- Photocopy of Parents’ NRICs/FINs (both sides);
- Primary School Report Book;
- Primary School Smart Card (EZ-link card)
- Medical Reports / Doctor’s letters / Transition Report from AED / Psycho-Educational Report, SEAB Outcome of Access Arrangement Application for 2021 PSLE, if any, and
- Sufficient cash to pay for the fees and uniform (Payment for school fees can also be made via Cheque, NETS or PAYNOW)
- School Hours
Monday to Wednesday – 8.00 am to 2.45 pm
Thursday (CCA) – 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
Friday – 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
Students are to be in the Hall for the flag-raising ceremony, which commences at 8.00am sharp. Students are advised to report 10 minutes earlier on Tuesday 4 Jan 2022 in the Multi-Purpose Hall at level 2.
- Course Commencement
Date: 4 January 2022