Objectives of CCA:
The RIPPLES Club focuses on developing in our students the skills of Reading, Presenting, Listening and Speaking, with the first letter of each skill found in the word “RIPPLES”.
Learning to listen, read and speak better helps one be more confident in themselves and can create a ripple effect in their lives. We hope that through participation in the RIPPLES Club, students also develop a lifelong interest and find meaning in the spoken and written words around them.
In RIPPLES Club, students will learn to improve their reading, presenting, listening and speaking skills through authentic, meaningful and engaging activities crafted around the themes of food, art, travel and nature.
Chen Wei Teng
Vincent Tham Chee Wai
Choong Mi Mi
NUR AMIRAH BINTE MOHAMMAD NURHUZAIFAHb (Chairman)
RABIATUL ADAWIYAH BINTE MOHAMAD AWAL (Vice-chairman)
|CCA Timing:||8.30 – 11am (10 – 10.30: Recess)|
- Wrote and co-wrote songs with local music group Jack and Rai (2019): to be compiled into a book project spear-headed by EL department
- Hosted clients from MINDS’s Me Too Club programme (2019) during their VIA project and made terrariums together
- Engaged preschoolers during a storytelling session with YWCA Chilcare centre (Mcnair Road)
Partners and activities :
- YWCA Childcare Centre
- Central Sikh Temple
- Professional storyteller Wong Swee Yean
CCA Program for the year :
- A collaboration with IT Club on a Photo story project of cleaners in NorthLight School (with the possibility of putting up a mini exhibition and compiled into a book project spear-headed by EL department)
- Learn the skills of storytelling from a professional storyteller
- Sharing session about Learning Journey to Central Sikh Temple during assembly
VIA Activities :
- VIA with YWCA childcare centre (Storytelling for pre-schoolers)
- VIA with MINDs’s Me Too! Club programme (Interacting and sing-a-long session with MINDS clients)