For admission in January 2017
Students who have attempted the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) and are assessed not suitable to progress to Secondary School education or to re-attempt the PSLE.
For students who have attempted PSLE once, twice or thrice
- After receiving your child/ward’s PSLE results, you can submit the application through your child/ward’s Primary School or directly to NorthLight School by 1 December 2016.For student who attempted PSLE once, the application must be recommended by the Primary School Principal.
- Parent/Guardian will be notified on the outcome of application via letter of offer by 9 December 2016.
For Mainstream School Leaver (Secondary School)
- Mainstream School Leaver (MSL) from secondary school is recommended to consider Crest Secondary School or Spectra Secondary School first.
- Parent/Guardian can submit the application directly to NorthLight School from November 2016 onwards. Download Application form
- Mainstream School Leaver who applies to study in NorthLight School will be assessed by NorthLight School on a case-by-case basis for admission.
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by post.
- Priority for admission will be given to students who have attempted their PSLE thrice, twice or once in 2016.
- All applications by students from Special Education Schools shall be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, subject to the availability of vacancies after admissions of all applicants from Primary Schools who have attempted for PSLE and Mainstream School Leavers.
- Application for admission by international students will be considered when there is a vacancy and on a case-by-case basis in early February.
- The age requirements for the levels the students seeking admission to NorthLight School are as follows:
|Level Seeking Admission To||Permissible Age
(as at 1st January of Year of Admission)
|Year 1||13 to 15|
|Year 2||14 to 16|
|Year 3||15 to 17|
|Year 4||16 to 18|
- Letter of Offer;
- Successful applicants are required to bring along the following documents when they report for registration at NorthLight School:
- Completed Student Bio-data Form;
- Completed Financial Assistance (FAS) Application Forms with supporting income documents, if applicable;
- Notification Letter on successful application of MOE FAS from Primary School, if applicable;
- Parents’ NRICs/FINs;
- Completed Student Medical Record
- Medical Reports/Doctor’s letter, if any; and
- Sufficient cash to pay for the fees and uniform.
1. School Hours
Monday to Thursday, 7.45 am to 3.00 pm or 3.30 pm
Friday, 7.45 am to 12.30 pm
2. One-way Free Shuttle Service to NorthLight School During School Days
From Admiralty MRT Station (Bus-stop No. B46779)
Day: Monday to Friday
Time: 6.30 am
From Bedok MRT Station (Bus stop No: 84031)
Day: Monday to Friday
Time: 6.30 am and 6.40 am
Click here to view pick-up points
3. Course Commencement
Date: 3 January 2017